Making a Taxodium sp.
I want to include a swamp cypress (Taxodium sp.) into my diorama. I carved the stem from urethane foam and used magic sculpt for the surface of the stem with its chraracteristic grooves. The aerial roots are also done using magic sculpt.
Painting was done in the following order:
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff applied by airbrush
- Tamiya XF-64 Red Brown applied by sponge
- Thin coats of umbra and sienna artist´s oils applied by brush
- SLIMY GRIME LIGHT from AK interactive: Algae rings on the lower portion of the stem
- Sprinkling on bright and darkgreen paint to add details and breaking up the artificial appearance of the algae rings.
|Algae ring applied using masking tape|
|Looking through the foliage|